No Space-A (Feb 16)
On-Post Lodging: (254) 532 8233, www.ihgarmyhotels.com
Supposedly a shuttle that runs from the Lodging to the base ops building -- but check with Lodging to be sure Off-Post Lodging: Many hotels/motels in area --- Killeen has the usual chain places -- about 20 or more -- Taxi is about 30 dollars OR MORE to get to most of them
- La Quinta (254) 526-8331
- Fairfield Inn (254) 536-3333;
- Holiday Inn (254)690-5511
- Howard Johnson (254) 536-4343
- Hilton Garden Inn (254) 782-9444
- Hampton Inn (254) 554-7110
- Executive Inn & Suites (254) 699-4801
- Best Western (Copperas Cove, a little closer than Killeen)
- Days Inn (Copperas Cove)
You can catch flights to Ft Hood, and the Pax or Operations folks (Civilians) will give you some assistance but it is very hard, if not impossible to fly out of Hood, as they are not SpaceA friendly...
(254) 288-9200, open 24 hrs This is where the ( T line ) transit alert folks will bring you when you get off the plane... NOTE: you can use Base ops for phones and they will also let you use their computer.NOTE: you can NOT walk from Base OPS to anywhere -- this area is well isolated from the rest of FT HOOD
Taxi: There are a few in the area Yellow cab 254 699 2227 ; Cove taxi 254 542 8626 ; airport shuttle for a group of folks 254 690 6725 -they have vans for 10 pax --
The Taxi cost can be 30 dollars from the Base Ops building to the car rental at the Killeen Regional airport -- A little cheaper during the day when the FT HOOD gate going to the Regional Airport is open
On-Base Rental Cars: Hertz (254) 532-9065, in building 136 on Tank Battalion Rd - call to verify operating hours.
Off Base Rental Cars: Other car rentals at the Killeen regional air terminal---THEY DO NOT come and pick you up -- but worth a call to ask.
Enterprise at Copperas Cove 254 542 4101 They used to pre -position the car and leave the keys in ops -- worth checking if one is getting in late at night